Westwood Highlands and Nearby Neighborhoods
- Western Neighborhoods Project
- Western Neighborhoods Project’s West of Twin Peaks history (includes Westwood Highlands)
- History of Mount Davidson, from San Francisco Museum and Historical Society. Includes 1933 photo of Easter service under the cross at top.
- Book. Rancho San Miguel: A San Francisco Neighborhood History, by Mae Silver, 2001, Ord Street Press, San Francisco. [Excerpt.]
- “The Complete History of Miraloma Park,” by Rosalie Kuwatch, copyright 1984 (8-page pdf, 32K) (from Miraloma Park Improvement Club; includes information relevant to Westwood Highlands area)
- Book. Entrepreneurial Vernacular: Developers’ Subdivisions in the 1920s, by Carolyn S. Loeb, Johns Hopkins University Press, 2001. Includes section on Westwood Highlands (Chapter 3).
- The Story of St. Francis Wood
- West of Twin Peaks History by Rae Doyle
- 1873 Street Map of San Francisco (shows the “undeveloped” San Miguel Rancho)
- San Francisco History Index
- Virtual Museum of the City of San Francisco
- San Francisco Museum & Historical Society